13.9.10

Random. Again.

I'm so glad you all enjoyed the interview with Robin Jones Gunn interview! And for those of us who love her books, I have some exciting news -- there's a new book coming out, it's Christy Miller's diary; how cool is that! It's the diary of her life and how she feels through all the books. I can't wait to get it!!:)

A few of you mentioned you liked my BlogPod (Name courtesy of Anna. Thanks, Anna!:D) Hope you like my music selection(:

Guess what. This is our last week of school until holiday's, which go for 2 weeks. And then we have Term 4, and then...Summer holidays! Which goes for 6 weeks.
Now, I have a question. In America, your summer 'vacation' (American word:P) goes for...3 months, right? Why do you get so much time off of school?! We only get six weeks:P Do you have less time off during the year, or what?

...now I just gotta finish all my assignments. Including a debate I have to write for tomorrow's English. It's not looking good!! :S

Hmm, what else to write? I read 6 books over the weekend. I know, right? And just think. I could've been doing the homework I seriously need to finish.

Aaaand I guess I'd better go. If you could comment what you'd like me to post on, that'd be great! 

7 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Can't wait to read it, sounds amazing! Yay, the holidays are finally coming. I know, right? How can they get a three-month vacation?!

    Have a great last week!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. In America, we have about three months in grade school for summer vacation. We get about two weeks for a winter vacation, a week for spring break, and a few other odds and ends days off.
    If you think three months is crazy, then let me tell you how much time I get off in college. I have four months off for summer vacation. Ridiculous because I love school and I'm so glad to be back finally. I've waited all summer for it to come.
    What month is your summer holiday? And how did you read 6 books this weekend? That's pretty impressive. I could never do that. Well, maybe if they were short books or really enjoyable. But then again, now that I'm back into school, I don't really have time to read for fun.
    I enjoyed reading your random blog. Most of mine are pretty random too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really? christy's diary? that's so cool! **totally jazzed look on face**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it's pretty much that way - we get 2 weeks for Christmas, 1 week for Spring Break, and then holiday long weekends and stuff.

    Love, Abbie =D x0x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, we really don't get more time off than you. I am guessing you all do year round school, we don't. When May comes (or June) we are done until August. But sometimes I wish we just did it they way you do in Australia, that way I wouldn't forget everything then start back in the fall (autumn). I sometimes wish we did year round school, it makes more sense...but then again I do enjoy having 13 weeks off haha, but thats pretty much all we get except for Christmas and Spring.

    Never thought about why we would have a Spring break..haha.

    Hope this helps. I love your random blog!!!

    Annabelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome news!! A friend of mine told me long ago, but I had kinda forgotten about it!!! lol!

    Wow, 6 weeks??? That's sooo cool! We had a 6-week holiday in June.July, to accommidate the World Cup that was held over here (South Africa), but that was only 4 or 5 weeks long. We have almost 2 months break in Summer, only 3 more months left, yay!!!! :):)

    Luv Amz
    P.s. where in Aus do you live? We have friends and family who live in Perth and Melbourne, so just curious to see where you're living :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I've been to both an American school and a british school. In the American school we got about two and a half months of vacation, but no half-terms. In the british ones we get a week off for each half term. And I used to have a week for easter (in the American school), but I've got two right now.

    ReplyDelete

comments are fun.